|Northwest Flower and Garden Evidence|
|Date(due south)||1989 (1989)|
|Venue||Washington State Convention Heart|
|Organized by||Marketplace Events|
Northwest Blossom & Garden Prove
(also known as the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival) is an almanac exhibition of horticulture and gardening held in Seattle, Washington, for five days each February. It is the largest garden testify west of Philadelphia and is regarded as the second largest garden show in the land.
Information technology is held at the Washington State Convention Centre, and has been since the commencement year. The bear witness has lush, fully built display gardens (which are judged for awards), over xc educational and entertaining seminars, and a garden marketplace exclusively for plants, gardening supplies, botanical art, – the largest Market of any garden show in the U.S.
The Northwest Blossom & Garden Bear witness serves the Western Region of N America from Alaska and Vancouver, BC to San Francisco, California, with visitors coming from xv-20 states a year. Omnipresence has ranged from 55,000-60,000. The evidence runs from Wednesday through Sun, and is typically held in Feb. At that place are three main components: approximately xx display gardens built in 3 days; over 350 exhibitors selling high quality garden-related products, and over ninety free seminars on three stages, including a do-information technology-yourself demo stage.
The show’s 65-75 seminar speakers include garden writers, authors and garden design experts from effectually the Usa, Canada, and UK. The show also has x City Living balcony gardens, an Ikebana display, and a floral competition. There is a live reality show held daily in front end of prove audiences which has friendly competition and pedagogy. “Container Wars” challenges two designers to create iii lush planted containers in under an hour.
In 2020 Better Homes & Gardens magazine rated the Northwest Blossom & Garden Festival as the #1 garden prove in the U.S.
The show was started in 1989 past Duane and Alice Kelly, remaining in the downtown Seattle Washington State Convention Eye always since. It was the first big public event ever held at the Convention Center.[
Duane Kelly said he was inspired to start the show by his visits the mid-1980s to the large bloom shows in Philadelphia and Boston, and by his ain interest for gardening and the theater. Portland-based O’Loughlin Trade Shows took over product after buying the show from Duane Kelly in 2009. Ohio-based Marketplace Events caused the prove in June 2018.
Gold, Silverish, or Bronze medals are presented to the brandish gardens by a panel of iii judges. The prove has other special awards that are given to display gardens past various judges:[four]
- Founder’s Cup (Best in Bear witness) – Garden that is deemed “Best in Prove” and a bulk favorite of all the judges for the other awards.
- American Horticultural Society Environmental accolade – Garden that best demonstrates the bond between horticulture and the environment.
- Ethel Moss People’s Choice Award – Favorite garden as voted by the public.
- Fred Palmer Garden Creator’s Honor – Garden voted the nearly accomplished past fellow garden creators.
- Fine Gardening Magazine award – Garden that best balances the ideals of inspiration and attainability.
- Best Apply of Horticulture Award – Garden that best incorporates plants incorporating colour, texture, size and shape to enhance the garden’southward theme.
- Professional person’southward Option Award – Garden that all-time demonstrates excellence in design concepts, horticulture, and quality of execution reflecting the highest level of workmanship.
- Best Utilise of Natural Rock – Marenakos Stone Eye Award
- GardenComm Award – Garden that exhibits the most cute, artistic and educational ideas to encourage constructive use of horticulture and pattern for functional outdoor living environments.
Floral Competition and City Living
The Floral Competition is judged by floral professionals for first, 2d, and 3rd identify, along with a People’south Selection Award voted past the public.[iv]
The Urban center Living display awards are:
- All-time Institute Material
- Best Design
- People’s Selection Award
Jackson, Sarah (January 31, 2009), “Flower and garden show may exist kept live; Four buyers express interest in taking over the annual exhibition”,
The Daily Herald, Everett, Washington, archived from the original on March 3, 2016
Endsley, Janet (January 2013), “A Gathering of Gardeners; The Northwest Blossom & Garden Show celebrates 25 years”,
“Market place Leading Consumer Events – Marketplace Events”.
Awards, Marketplace Events, 2018