Turn ordinary terra cotta pots into a darling lighthouse perfect for your porch, garden, or sunroom!
You tin make this nautical
clay pot lighthouse
as a decoration for your garden in but minutes. Make your version any color that y’all like but nosotros dearest the beachy feel of this clay pot craft! This
coastal-themedclay pot lighthouse
would too look marvelous on a fireplace mantel, java table, shelf or with your outdoor patio set.
Clay Pot Lighthouse
Get various sized clay pots to brand your lighthouse equally big or every bit small every bit y’all would like. We added a drinking glass dome to the tiptop to add together a battery operated candle as well!
Don’t desire to use terra cotta pots? Endeavor this lighthouse made using metal pails!
Supplies to make a clay pot lighthouse:
- Terra cotta pots in diverse sizes (you volition demand three that fit together, 2 saucers for the superlative, and i small-scale one for the very elevation)
- Glass dome (we love the faceted version shown)
- Outdoor paint
- Paint brush
- Articulate gum good for outdoor employ
- Battery operated candle
- Be sure to use a good quality outdoor paint that is made for painting terracotta. We like Patio Paint and DecoArt’s Outdoor Living the best.
- Need more tips? Effort this mail service on how to paint terra cotta.
- Fit your parts together in the store to ensure they will look like a lighthouse once assembled.
- Paint all of your parts and allow to dry before assembling.
- Nosotros used a bombardment operated candle but a solar powered calorie-free would work great equally well.
Steps to make a clay pot lighthouse:
- Paint your clay pots with your outdoor paint in the colour of your selection. Nosotros painted the bands effectually the tiptop of each pot in white. Allow paint to dry out completely in between coats. Darker colors will require near two coats while lighter colors may require up to iv.
- Pigment the bands around the top white along with the saucers and small-scale pot for the top of your lighthouse.
- Once everything has stale completely, you tin can glue together your lighthouse.
- NOTE: That top pot has a hole in it so you are going to want to allow for drainage of water when gluing the pieces together. Simply employ your glue in most three places leaving gaps in between.
- Allow the glue to set up according to the bundle directions.
- REMEMBER: The top most piece should not exist glued to the drinking glass dome. Y’all will want to elevator this on and off to plow go to the switch on your candle.
- Once the gum has dried, you are ready to move your clay pot lighthouse outdoors and savour it in your garden. This is a fun projection that will look great in any one thousand. Option your colors and make your ain version today!
Volition you lot make your version extra big for the garden or a pocket-size version for the porch? It is completely up to you and your imagination. The only thing that’s for certain is that this clay pot lighthouse will await not bad once it’due south done!
Love littoral decor? Make a stunning Sea Glass Planter to go alongside your clay pot lighthouse, or check out this stylish embankment decor wall art yous can brand at dwelling. Find more adult crafts hither including my pop fairy garden!
More Garden Crafts and Projects
- Cheese Grater Owl
- DIY Garden Stepping Stones
- Bricklayer Jar Wind Chime
- Ladybug Painted Rocks
- Mason Jar Solar Lights
- Terracotta Pot Current of air Chimes
- Dirt Pot Toadstools
Clay Pot Lighthouse
Turn ordinary terracotta pots into a darling lighthouse perfect for your porch, garden, or sunroom!
Terra cotta pots in diverse sizes
y’all volition need three that fit together, 2 saucers for the meridian, and one pocket-sized one for the very meridian
we love the faceted version shown
- Outdoor paint
- Paint brush
- Clear glue good for outdoor use
- Bombardment operated candle
Paint your clay pots with your outdoor pigment in the color of your choice. We painted the bands effectually the elevation of each pot in white. Let paint to dry out completely in between coats. Darker colors volition require near two coats while lighter colors may crave upwardly to four.
Pigment the bands around the top white along with the saucers and modest pot for the elevation of your lighthouse.
Once everything has dried completely, you can mucilage together your lighthouse.
NOTE: That pinnacle pot has a hole in it so y’all are going to desire to let for drainage of water when gluing the pieces together. Only apply your glue in virtually three places leaving gaps in between.
Permit the mucilage to set up according to the package directions.
REMEMBER: The top most piece should not be glued to the glass dome. You volition want to lift this on and off to plough become to the switch on your candle.
In one case the glue has stale, y’all are gear up to move your dirt pot lighthouse outdoors and relish it in your garden. This is a fun project that will look great in any yard. Option your colors and make your own version today!
This mail originally appeared here on Jun 19, 2017.
- Recent Posts
Latest posts by Angie Holden
Autumn Mason Jars
– Baronial 27, 2021
Hot Glue Icicle Ornaments
– December ii, 2020
Peppermint Bath Salts Souvenir in a Jar
– October xxx, 2020